|18/10/2012, 1:24 am by D2P.Nexus|
|News collection - Week #1|
As a part of upcoming D2P updates, we will be bringing you a collection of interesting weekly Dota 2 news, starting today.
1. Latest Patch
Sadly, there are no Heroes in this patch, although there are some nice features to the community tab and various fixes from the previous updates.
- Added a Hall of Fame section to the community tab, featuring a different group of high skill players each week.
- Added a Team Browser section to the community tab. This shows teams that have participated in leagues that are available through the client.
- Added a Replays Highlight option when watching games. Watch the best moments from a match with a click of a button.
- Dark Seer Fixed Ion Shell damage interval and it triggering Cold Snap.
- Disruptor: Fixed Glimpse interaction with invulnerable units.
- Magnus: Fixed enemies being able to cast and attack while in Skewer pull.
- Rubick: Fixed Telekinesis Land sub ability proccing magic stick.
- Viper: Fixed Nethertoxin damage not being critable.
- Visage: Fixed Familias attack timings taking much longer than intended.
- Fixed Illusions placing Orb of Venom debuff.
- Added a right click option for some items to alert allies that you want to cast them (Arcane Boots, Smoke, Mekansm).
- Fixed being able to sometimes move your hero before hero picking was done.
- Enabled pause cooldown in co-op bot games.
- Fixed various hero swap bugs.
- Fixed HUD element covering Armor bonus values in 4:3.
VISUALS & AUDIO
- Increased Magnus model size.
- Fixed Ravage visual timings.
- Fixed some buffs not showing the correct cooldown frame ( slight gap at the top for aura provided buffs ).
- Tweaking the scale and offset of visage and his units.
- Tweaks for some neutral creep sounds, generally reducing volume and increasing range.
- Fixed a bug that caused some items to not be equippable for Morphling and other heroes that recently had their item slots shuffled.
- Fixed Doombringer's missing tail.
- Fixed the 'Uldorak's Hide' set not properly displaying as a set of items.
- Reduced the size of the stumpy treants created by Nature's Prophet when using the Call of the Dendrochron.
- Fixed Invoker's head disappearing when head items were equipped. These items may need to be re-equipped.
- Fixed a bug with Multi-Hero Chronosphere not detecting its scoring condition.
- Fixed several item sets having incorrectly tagged rarities, relative to the contents of the set.
- Fixed Sword of Sir Davion being white for some users.
- Fixed overly bright specular on the Runed AiIlettes.
2. Fnatic hosting Second Revenge - Raidcall Dota 2 Cup
Registrations are now open for Fnatic's Revenge #2 - RaidCall Dota 2 Cup. The $500 winner-takes-all event will start on the 16th of October (20:00 CET).
Source - http://www.gosugamers.net/dota2/news/21475-fnatic-hosting-second-revenge-raidcall-dota-2-cup
3. Dota 2 - Learning to Play Dota 2
Join Anthony Gallegos and IGN resident seasoned player, J Kartje, as they discuss some of the basics of playing Dota, as well as some strategies for Bat Rider.
Source - http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/17/learning-to-play-dota-2?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ign%2Fvideos+(IGN+All+Videos)
4. KingJ left EHOME, his future in Dota 2
Chinese powerhouse EHOME suffers another blow as Zhou “KingJ” Yang reveals to It’s Gosu that he left the team. Below you can find a statement from KingJ given to It's Gosu exclusively
“I stayed in EHOME because my friends, Yao “357” Yi and Lei “Dai” Zengrong were there. Now that they have left, I have no reason to stay. I am not sure yet what my future projects are but I will be back!”
Source - http://www.itsgosu.com/game/dota2/articles/kingj-left-ehome-his-future-in-dota-2-uncertain_756
5. mouz parts ways with their Dota 2 team
European fan magnet mousesports parts ways with its Dota 2 team right before the upcoming StarLadder finals. The GD Studio will take care of their travelling accommodations.
Source - http://www.gosugamers.net/general/news/21514-mouz-parts-ways-with-their-dota-2-team
6. DOTA 2 Items Speed Modellings
Quoted : "Hi fellow DOTAers!
I'm a 3d artist and an avid DOTA 2 player, so I decided to do something to honor this game!
For five Wednesdays starting from today I'll publish the speed modelling (a sped up recording of a 3d modelling) of a DOTA 2 in game item and I'll update this thread accordingly!"
Source - http://forum.gamesports.net/dota/showthread.php?11888-DOTA-2-Items-Speed-Modellings
7. Dendi at Dotabuff
Ever wondered about the Dendi's stats?
Source - https://dotabuff.com/players/70388657